There’s nothing quite like hearing your child’s heartbeat for the first time! This app turns your phone into a mini stethoscope, allowing you to hear and record your child’s heartbeat starting at the 20-24th week of pregnancy. Crisp HD graphics for all hi-res displays!
– Live monitoring and recording of your baby’s heartbeat during the last 12-16 weeks of pregnancy.
– Pulse estimation.
– Live PCG (phonocardiogram) readout of the heartbeat.
– Save, rename, and access your recordings for later.
– Zodiac projections for your baby based on your due date. What kind of little person will they be? This offers infant and early childhood parenting tips based on their astrological sign.
– Headphones without an embedded microphone.
– Most users can record and listen at the same time. iPhone 5 users can record and listen afterwards, as the headphones prevent the mic from being placed against skin.
– Remove your phone case first if you have one! Apply mic directly to skin, and record in a quiet room.
TIPS FOR FINDING HEARTBEAT
– Feel for the baby’s back and place the phone’s mic against that spot; it’s closest to their heart. Monitor your own pulse to differentiate between yours and your baby’s. Your baby’s should be over 120BPM and higher pitched. It won’t be below 100BPM.
– Bigger headphones are better. The loudest frequencies of the heart are very low, and small speakers and headphones won’t be able to play them. Don’t use a phone case.
– Use the noise reduction slider to find the point that silences ambient noise but lets the heartbeats through. This is required for accurate BPM estimation. Use the volume button to boost the signal if needed.
NOTE: This is not a substitute for care from a medical professional. Contact a licensed physician for your prenatal care. If you have an emergency, call 911.